I got a call from the truck driver delivering the Model 3 a little before 9 am this morning. He said he would be here in about 20 minutes. He showed up about 30 minutes later. I just read a thread on the Tesla Motors Club forum last night about someone who bought the exact same car as ours and took delivery in Vancouver, B.C. He ended up rejecting it because it had so many problems including alignment of body panels, etc. I can’t find the thread now!
Anyway, while not perfect ours was pretty decent.
I received a message at 10:30 am today that our car will be delivered sometime tomorrow! I sort of can’t believe it. I learned that it won’t have any type of temporary registration since we are Vermont residents and the car is coming from Massachusetts. I’ll have to go to the DMV (luckily very near to us) and register it. I assume I will also have to get it inspected!
This whole process has moved along incredibly quickly.
- Friday, May 17th: I began a conversation with Gimo, a North American Inside Sales Advisor for Tesla. I asked him several questions about the car, ordering, etc. At first we were gong to get the Standard Range Plus edition with a 240 mile range and rear wheel drive. After some discussion we finally decided that we really needed more range and all wheel drive. So we made the decision to purchase the Long Range version which has all-wheel drive and a 0-60 time of 4.4 seconds, a top speed of 145 mph and a range of 310 miles! Wow! I’ve probably never had a car with a 0-60 speed of better than 8 seconds. But at 74 years old, that’s not something that concerns me much!
- Before I ordered the car on Monday I contacted Green Mountain Power because they offer a $1500 rebate for ordering an electric vehicle and another $1000 rebate for low and moderate income people. There is also a $3750 tax credit which ends June 30th. I was worried that we wouldn’t make that deadline but now it looks like it won’t be a problem at all!
- We can also get a free level 2 charger from Green Mountain Power. The only problem is, because we have a condo and our garage is about 75 feet from our breaker panel, the installation may be prohibitively expensive. I contacted SunCommon and they will contact me next week to discuss possible installation.
- Monday, May 20th. I put in my order about 3:45 Monday afternoon.
- Today, May 24th at 11:29 AM I received and email from Jeremiah to assist me “with the upcoming delivery of your Tesla. Congratulations!” He listed 4 things I had to do “as soon as possible.” I managed those items quickly and by 12:17 PM I had sent and received confirmation of my payment of $50,100! Ouch! That’s almost twice the cost of the most expensive car of my life!
- I received my last communication from Jeremiah at 1:09 PM. He said:
I will let my logistics team know to begin securing a carrier.
After confirming delivery, my DMV team will send you the self-registration packet, which will include the certificate of origin and bill of sale, within 3-7 days to register your vehicle with.
- The car will be delivered to our home! They say delivery takes from 7 to 10 days after payment so we may have it as soon as next Friday!
We placed an order for a Tesla Model 3 Long Range (310 mi), white with black interior two days ago. We paid a lot more than we were planning to but decided that the extra range and AWD was very important for our location in Vermont. I just hope that we can get it before June 30th, otherwise we will miss out on the $3,750 federal tax credit!
I can’t believe I missed its release by about a month but, yes, Condor version 2 was released last February 21st! I deliberately curbed myself from repeatedly checking due to lack of optimisim that it would be released any time soon!
I have not yet spent $60 to buy it. One of the reasons is that, from what I have seen so far, those who have purchased it are not praising it wildly. In fact, there seems to be a lot of disappointment. I have tried to go back and read forum messages that give impressions. I still have a lot to read but most messages seem to be of the variety–this isn’t working or, does it have this, or when will this be ready, etc.
From images and videos I have seen so far, the clouds look ridiculous, like cotton balls, and there are many complaints that it is difficult or impossible to tell whether a cloud is building or dying!
Over all, my impression is that the new model represented by this version makes improvements much easier and the developers have promised that improvements will be coming soon.
The other reason I haven’t bought it yet, is that I am very into X-Plane now. I’m having a great time trying to master the ASDG Super Cub at the moment.