This whole process has moved along incredibly quickly.
- Friday, May 17th: I began a conversation with Gimo, a North American Inside Sales Advisor for Tesla. I asked him several questions about the car, ordering, etc. At first we were gong to get the Standard Range Plus edition with a 240 mile range and rear wheel drive. After some discussion we finally decided that we really needed more range and all wheel drive. So we made the decision to purchase the Long Range version which has all-wheel drive and a 0-60 time of 4.4 seconds, a top speed of 145 mph and a range of 310 miles! Wow! I’ve probably never had a car with a 0-60 speed of better than 8 seconds. But at 74 years old, that’s not something that concerns me much!
- Before I ordered the car on Monday I contacted Green Mountain Power because they offer a $1500 rebate for ordering an electric vehicle and another $1000 rebate for low and moderate income people. There is also a $3750 tax credit which ends June 30th. I was worried that we wouldn’t make that deadline but now it looks like it won’t be a problem at all!
- We can also get a free level 2 charger from Green Mountain Power. The only problem is, because we have a condo and our garage is about 75 feet from our breaker panel, the installation may be prohibitively expensive. I contacted SunCommon and they will contact me next week to discuss possible installation.
- Monday, May 20th. I put in my order about 3:45 Monday afternoon.
- Today, May 24th at 11:29 AM I received and email from Jeremiah to assist me “with the upcoming delivery of your Tesla. Congratulations!” He listed 4 things I had to do “as soon as possible.” I managed those items quickly and by 12:17 PM I had sent and received confirmation of my payment of $50,100! Ouch! That’s almost twice the cost of the most expensive car of my life!
- I received my last communication from Jeremiah at 1:09 PM. He said:
I will let my logistics team know to begin securing a carrier.
After confirming delivery, my DMV team will send you the self-registration packet, which will include the certificate of origin and bill of sale, within 3-7 days to register your vehicle with.
- The car will be delivered to our home! They say delivery takes from 7 to 10 days after payment so we may have it as soon as next Friday!
We placed an order for a Tesla Model 3 Long Range (310 mi), white with black interior two days ago. We paid a lot more than we were planning to but decided that the extra range and AWD was very important for our location in Vermont. I just hope that we can get it before June 30th, otherwise we will miss out on the $3,750 federal tax credit!
I can’t believe I missed its release by about a month but, yes, Condor version 2 was released last February 21st! I deliberately curbed myself from repeatedly checking due to lack of optimisim that it would be released any time soon!
I have not yet spent $60 to buy it. One of the reasons is that, from what I have seen so far, those who have purchased it are not praising it wildly. In fact, there seems to be a lot of disappointment. I have tried to go back and read forum messages that give impressions. I still have a lot to read but most messages seem to be of the variety–this isn’t working or, does it have this, or when will this be ready, etc.
From images and videos I have seen so far, the clouds look ridiculous, like cotton balls, and there are many complaints that it is difficult or impossible to tell whether a cloud is building or dying!
Over all, my impression is that the new model represented by this version makes improvements much easier and the developers have promised that improvements will be coming soon.
The other reason I haven’t bought it yet, is that I am very into X-Plane now. I’m having a great time trying to master the ASDG Super Cub at the moment.
This looks really exciting! You can read the description here. It sounds like a very ambitious project. So much so, that I will remain sceptical. At the same time I really hope it succeeds and I am already impatiently awaiting the release this summer. Again, I have to be sceptical. If everything that is promised is actually implemented successfully, this will be by far the most advanced X-Plane add-on yet! I really, really hope they succeed!
I just bought the ASDG Super Cub yesterday. It comes with the Reality Expansion Pack. I’m practicing takeoff and landings at the 1300 foot Bilai airstrip in Papua, Indonesia. The specs say it can takeoff in 30 feet and 200 feet to clear a 50 foot object! Also, the landing roll should be about 245 feet! It’s really fun! Here is the description.
It is normally $42.95 but I was lucky to go to the Aero Sim Gaming forum where I clicked on a “Get it Now” link at which point I was offered $10 off the usual price!
Update on 3/26/18: It is still available for 32.95 if you go to the Aero Sim Gaming web site and click the “Get it Now” link. It will take you to the X-Plane.org store and display the 10$ discount deal. You simply add it to your cart!