I have revisited my project to create a web site for information on Condor the Competition Soaring simulator. Currently I have a development site on my personal computer and a test site on my hosting service, JustHost.com ( http://csic.kortui.com ). I have been using SourceRepo.com to host my subversion repository and project management for the project. Because of a project at UVM to eliminate ssn from library patron records, I stopped working on this project some time ago. I always find it difficult to return to a project after leaving it for more than a few days. In this case, notes that I kept in MS OneNote and recently transferred to Evernote, have made it much easier to return to work on it.
I decided that there should be no reason to pay four dollars a month to store my repository and project management notes when I could do something elsewhere for free. What I decided to do instead is to move the whole thing to my personal computer. Below are steps that I have followed up to this point.
Steps to close out SourceRepo repository
- On fedora13 vm tar /var/www/html/csic and save it to D:\Documents\csic
- Checkout csic repository to c:\users\kor\csic2
- svn co https://tortui.sourcerepo.com/tortui/csic csic2
- Exported my sourcerepo repository using the Prepare Project Backup at https://secure15.sourcerepo.com/projects/view/11866. A link is emailed to me for picking up the tar file produced: https://tortui.sourcerepo.com/backups/tortui/FriFeb25004708.tar.gz . This file contains the subversion repository as well as the Trac information.
- Installed Collabnet Subversion Edge to host the subversion repository on my own computer.
- Copied the csic-54 directory from the backup to c:\csvn\data\repositories . This is the default location for the Subversion Edge server.
- I did a test checkout on my fedora13 csic VM from the repository that I created:
- svn co http://192.168.2.3/svn/csic csic –username=admin
- I did a test checkout from kortui.com with svn co ‘http://tortui.from-vt.com/svn/csic’ csic2 –username=admin . This failed until I went into my router configuration and changed the port forward address for port 80 from 192.168.2.18 (the address of my csic vm) to 192.168.2.3, the address of my PM.
- Upgraded drupal on development and committed changes to repo at sourcerepo.
- Did another backup of my sourcerepo including TRAC.
- replaced C:\csvn\data\repositories\csic with the new backup csic-58 (58 is version 58)
- moved /var/www/html/csic …/csic.bak
- checkout a new instance of csic
- svn co http://192.168.2.18/svn/csic csic –username=admin
- copy /var/www/html/csic.bak/sites/default/settings.php to new csic checkout